Harm Reduction Distribution Safety Guidelines
Below are safety guidelines to follow for anyone who is on our harm reduction hotline or gives away harm reduction materials. Please read through these guidelines.
- Meet any person(s) receiving harm reduction services in a well-lit public space.
- Use the buddy system if uncomfortable in any situation.
- Always let someone in the hotline group or your personal circle know where you are meeting.
- Wear shoes you can run in.
- Be aware of your surroundings – look at the area you are meeting in and have an escape plan, never leave yourself vulnerable.
- Actively share your phone location with anyone in the hotline group for extra precaution.
- Carry minimal cash on you.
Harm Reduction Materials Distribution:
Assumption of Risk Agreement
Read each thoroughly and reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any questions prior to agreeing.
Name of Volunteer: Enter your name only, you cannot sign on behalf of someone else: